Weekly Fangirl Fetish: Legend


Okay, so I did an absolutely terrible job of keeping up with my blog last week, so I am hoping that I won't get all tangled up in life and be able to just sit down and blog from now on.
If you are into very thrilling and action-packed books, then I highly recommend this week's fetish. Legend by Marie Lu was amazing! I haven't read such a thrilling book since Harry Potter (not that I am comparing this to Harry Potter...nothing beats Harry Potter).
Legend is about two teenagers leading very different lives in The Republic, a futuristic America. Day is a wanted criminal that roams the streets, while June is the military's top soldier and prized possession. When their paths meet, under not too amazing circumstances, they might cause their whole society to go crumbling down, whether that's for the better or worse.
This was such a fun read. It was so exciting and I never once got bored with anything I read. Marie Lu is a great writer and captures the personalities of her characters very well. Overall, I was very impressed with the book and cannot wait to get my hands on Prodigy. Marie Lu definitely knows what she is doing and is very strong in what she writes. A lot of futuristic America type books are hard to like because the topic has been written about so many times, but the idea of Legend is just so original. I am so happy it is a series...once I get my hands on the rest of the books, I certainly will not be getting any sleep this week.



Sorry this post was short...I promise Wednesday's will be better!

Lots of love,
Madison

Comments

Popular Posts