Weekly Fangirl Fetish: Divergent Series

To spice up my blog, I've decided to create a little segment sort of thing that I will try to post every Monday called (obviously) Weekly Fangirl Fetish. I will try to find amazing books that every girl/guy should read/fangirl/fanboy over,  and post it here. Hopefully I will be able to unearth some pretty fascinating books, and I am always open to any suggestions that any of you have!

For this week, and I know so many people have probably already read it, I chose the Divergent series. I had read Divergent a long time ago when it had first come out. It was fairly entertaining and I loved the idea. But when the next two books of the trilogy came out, I was never really interested in reading them. I went to see the movie (also when it first came out) and I thought they did an alright job with it. They did change a lot of things though, which is understandable. Recently, however, my mom found Insurgent and Allegiant at Marshall's on sale, which was a total score. I decided to give them a try, and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the books so far. I'm only on Insurgent, so I might have to update this blog post once I finish Allegiance to give a better review on the trilogy. I do feel like Veronica Roth's writing is a bit dry at times, but her books are constantly filled with action, making it hard for the reader to put down, and I suppose that makes up for her dry writing. If you're looking for a new series to start, I suggest the Divergent series. Though I'm not too impressed with the writing, I am so in love with the idea and the plots of these books, and I love all of her characters. Four and Tris are definitely fangirl worthy.

Lots of love,
Madison

Comments

Popular Posts