Weekly Fangirl Fetish: Shatter Me

Lately my friend has been recommending a ton of books for me to read, which is so awesome because I always need new books. She just recently recommend that I read the Shatter Me series, and I can't express to you how much I loved it. Put it this way: I read the entire series in less than 48 hours. It was so exciting and I just always had to found out what happened next, and I haven't read a series like that in forever. A new and intriguing event was happening with every flip of the page, and I seriously could not put any of the books down.
The series is about this 17 year old girl named Juliette who has a bit of a problem-she can't touch anyone. She's been trapped in an insane asylum for 264 days, trying to cope with what she is. That is, until a boy from her past shows up as her new cellmate, and everything changes for Juliette.
I fell in love with this book so so so quickly. I was quite literally hooked on the very first sentence I read. Tahereh Mafi is an amazing writer. All of her images were so vivid and her characters were so real. There wasn't a single character that I didn't like (except for the bad guys, of course). The plot never got boring and her language is so fluent and beautiful. The romance in these books aren't too shabby either. There is a MAJOR twist, but obviously I am not going to tell you. I just...can't tell you how amazing this series is.
My only complaint about this series is the ending of the very last book. It pretty much stops at the end of a very very major event, and you don't find out what will happen to any of the characters. It made me really frustrated, because it seriously stopped in the middle of this big giant event that was turning the whole setting of the story around. There was no epilogue, nothing. It was very annoying to see such an amazing story end that way.
But I highly highly highly recommend this book to EVERYONE. If you love futuristic books or romance novels, this series is definitely for you. The love triangle in this book is to die for. I had to add to my list of characters that I've fallen in love with while reading, and it's getting embarrassingly long.

Lots of love,
Madison

{Check out Friday's post}






Comments

Popular Posts