City of Heavenly Fire

I literally could not have asked for a better end to this series. I am so happy with the way this book turned out as well as the quality of the writing throughout the story. I was never bored and I never felt like I had to skip through pages in order to actually get to the interesting parts. I am so heartbroken that this story is over, but in the best possible way. I never thought I would cry more than I did with The Fault in Our Stars, but this book blew that out of the water. At one point, I just had to throw the book to the side and curl up in a ball and quite literally just sob. 
I do feel like some of the personalities of the characters had changed a lot. It might just be me, but I didn't get my fill of Clary and Jace moments with this book. Although, the scenes they were in together were amazing. I found that Jace's character was a little different from the rest of the books. He was a little more serious than I had anticipated, but the book itself was much more serious. Also, the story jumped around a lot. This time, Cassandra Clare included the perspectives of MANY characters, but I think it really helped the story. I do think, however, that it sometimes made the story not flow together as well as it could have. 
Honestly, though,  I couldn't have been happier with this end. I am extremely sad that it is all over, but am looking forward to The Dark Artifices. I will miss Clary, Jace, Simon, Alec, Isabelle, and Magnus so so so impossibly much, but I know Cassandra Clare will do an amazing job with yet another Shadowhunters series.


Also, can we just take a minute to bask in the glory of Cassandra Clare's dedication? Sorry the picture is blurry, I don't know why that is happening, but it says, "This time I want to thank my readers, who have stuck with me through this whole epic roller coaster of a sage, through cliff-hangers and angst and feels. I wouldn't trade you for all the glitter in Magnus's loft." Excuse me while I go cry some more.

Lots of love,
Madison 

Comments

Popular Posts