The Night Before Our Stars, pt. 2


I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN TO ANYONE HOW AMAZING THIS MOVIE IS! It was better than I ever expected it to be. It was everything the book was, and I have literally never cried as hard in my life as I did during those 3 hours. It was such a beautiful experience.
My biggest concern about this movie was that it wouldn't follow the story - that it would be "Hollywood-ized." I was so relieved to see that it really wasn't. It followed the book so closely, which made the pain even worse. Of course, there were some things that had to be cut out, because the movie can never be as perfect as the book was, but I felt like they were all things that didn't exactly need to be in the story. Though sometimes I wish I had been able to see these scenes come to life, I was perfectly fine with them being cut out of the movie.
The casting could not have been better. Obviously Nat Wolff does not have blond hair and Ansel Elgort does not have blue eyes and Shailene Woodley does not have green eyes, but when you see them become our beloved Isaac, Augustus, and Hazel, you don't even remember what you had thought they were supposed to look like in the book. Their performances were beautiful and breath-taking. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for anything better. They definitely took their roles seriously, and it shows (in a good way). They delivered their best performances and I can testify to this. I cried so much harder during the movie than I did during the book, and that has never happened before. I really am thankful for such amazing actors taking on such beautiful characters.
And of course, I am so thankful to John Green for creating such an inspiring story. After the movie finished, I could feel the love coming from everyone. People just wanted to give everyone a hug, to let a total stranger know that they are loved and they are beautiful. I can't even express how amazing this moment was. I got to spend it with two of my closest friends, and I just cried knowing how much I was blessed. John Green definitely created something special, and I definitely owe him big time for being such an inspiration to so many.

(Pre-movie, as you can tell by our naive smiles)
( Me with my love)



(I highly suggest bringing an entire box of tissues when you go see this movie. The box was empty when it was over.)

I am definitely going to go see this movie again. It was so well done, and I am so pleased with how it turned out. The Fault in Our Stars is definitely one of the grandest love stories ever written, and I couldn't have been more thankful for this book.

Lots of love,
Madison



Comments

  1. I completely agree with everything you said about the movie! I absolutely loved it and I definitely want to go see it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! It's definitely one of those movies that you have to see more than once to kind of take it all in :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts