Motivation for the Month: June

Okay, okay, I know this is extremely late because it's already half-way through the month and everything, but I have had one extremely crazy month. This week was finals week, and tomorrow is my last day of finals/school in general. I can't believe that my freshmen year is almost over. Even though it was quite a struggle, I learned so much and I had such a blast. I met so many amazingly beautiful people that I will never forget and I have made so many great memories.

(BTW, this is probably going to be the most cliche blog post you will ever read)

I guess honestly what's motivating me this month are the friends I've made here in Virginia. I am a naturally very shy and awkward person, and I am so thankful for people who are willing to put up with my bizarre mind and awkward personality. It was really hard for me to make friends, but these people were willing to talk to me in the halls or call me asking if I wanted to hang out, and I really just don't know how to express how thankful I am. They helped me get through a lot this year. Through them, I learned a lot more about myself and the things I am capable of doing. They were so supportive of me. I also really want to thank them for putting up with my extreme fangirling this year...I know hearing my Harry Potter ring tone can get pretty old and me talking about my different book boyfriends probably gets annoying. Frankly, thanks for just putting up with all of me this year.  I will miss them all dearly, and I really hope I can keep in touch with them.

I also really want to work on living in the moment. Since my time in Virginia is running short, I want to make as many fun memories as possible, and I really don't want to dwell on anything negative when I'm trying to have fun. I really need to start appreciating being a teenager and being who I am. I take way too many things for granted sometimes, and I guess that's why I have such amazing friends - to remind me of how blessed I am.

I am so happy it is finally summer! And I can't believe I am going to be a sophomore! So many things are coming up, and I can't wait to see what's in store this summer.

Lots of love,
Madison

Comments

Popular Posts