Kiss & Blog

Kiss & Blog by Alyson Noel was honestly just one of those random books that I found hiding in the library, collecting dust because it was stuffed in between more popular books that were being quickly passed between hungry readers' hands. Though the cover made the book appear to be one of those annoyingly girly books, I was actually pretty surprised to find that I sort of enjoyed the story. Though the narrator of the story tended was almost every bit as cliched valley girl as I had feared, the plot itself did intrigue me.
This book is from the point of view of Winter, a sophomore who, along with her best friend Sloan, is determined to become popular. Or at least, someone people will actually see in the hallways. Sloan and Winter have been coming up with a plan all summer to finally succeed and be apart of the "It" crowd. Winter finds herself realizing that perhaps the "It" crowd is not for her, but Sloan, on the other hand, is climbing her way up to Queen Bee of the school, leaving Winter alone in the dust. Winter, left seething in her anger, decides to start up a blog, and what better way of revenge than to reveal all of Sloan's precious little secrets? Winter keeps it anonymous, of course, but when her blog gains a much bigger following than she had expected, things are beginning to get a little out of hand.
This story is very Gossip Girl. It definitely is a little bit on the cliche side and an extremely girly story, but I thought it was enjoyable enough. The characters, though put in a worn out story, are very refreshing and new, and I think this was a fairly good representation of a girl trying to find her place in high school. Though sometimes I had to take a moment to cringe at the use of the words "like" or "totally" to tell the story, I found myself pretty hooked. I just had to find out what happened to Winter's blog, and if Sloan would stay on top or if she would fall just as easily as Winter expected her too.




Lots of love,
Madison















Comments

Popular Posts