The Infernal Devices

Cassandra Clare is not my favorite author. But I have to stay, she can be a pretty powerful writer when she wants to be. Though I feel her first series The Mortal Instruments had its ups and downs, she has written one series that does not leave my mind: The Infernal Devices. Please allow me to take a quick fangirl moment before you roll your eyes and laugh at me, asking how on earth the prequel series could ever be better than the original. I thought the same exact thing. I was super reluctant to read it, because I felt like nothing would ever live up to the ever so amazing Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale/any other last name that I forgot. But then this series introduced me to Will Herondale. I cannot put into words his amazingness.
Thank you for allowing to be a weirdo for a second. Anyways, this story's main character is Theresa Gray, known by most as Tessa Gray. I had been expecting a prequel that explained everything about Jace and Clary, but I was wrong. This series is a totally different story, with completely different characters (although many have last names that will be quite familiar if you've read The Mortal Instruments). I give Cassandra Clare a standing ovation for expanding her shadow hunter world without writing a book that feels too "this why abc happened to xyz." Tessa is such an independent character, and so easy to fall in love with. And don't even get me started on falling in love with Will and Jem. This series is very exciting, with lots of problems the characters have to face and a well driven plot. There wasn't a point where I just had to put the book down because it was getting slow. I encourage you to read this series, and especially before City of Heavenly Fire comes out, because a few of the characters from The Infernal Devices might just be a part of it. ;)

Lots of love,
Madison


Comments

Popular Posts