5 Reasons Why Frozen Inspired Me

So my mom surprised me yesterday by buying Frozen as soon as it came out on DVD, and I am super excited. Call me crazy, but I think Frozen is one of the most inspirational Disney movies ever created. Though these aren't necessarily brand new ideas, Frozen really highlights their importance.

1. It's "True Love"
          Ah, this one is a classic. Hasn't everyone heard someone say that they don't need a boyfriend at some point in their lives? Women are constantly reminded this over and over again, and yet it's something lots of girls struggle over, especially in our society. Some girls just want boyfriends to feel important and popular. They think a boyfriend is the key to gaining popularity creds. But I know that for some people, like me, they want a boyfriend to feel loved. I would definitely enjoy having someone next to me to tell me I'm pretty and to hug me and tell me he loves me. Honestly, what girl wouldn't? The thing is, I don't need a boyfriend to do that. Though he would be a great supporter, I am the only one who is in control of my emotions. Plus, I have friends who will be there to support me as well. I just need to hold my head high on my own, illustrated by both Elsa and Anna. This movie helped me to change my perspective on who will make me feel good about myself, and I learned that only I can do that.

2. Sometimes I Need to Let It Go
    This ties in with my blog post yesterday, so as you can tell this lesson is important to me and is something I really struggle with. I let everything stay on my shoulders and weigh me down. I have a super hard time just shrugging things off and looking forwards instead of backwards. However, I learned from Elsa that the past is in the past and I need to just let it go. It is probably out of my control at that point and I need to focus on the future and not things that happened in the past. This song is great for when I need a pick me up during a rough day. Plus Idina Menzel's voice is just totally amazing and I wish I could sing like her. 

3. Some People are Worth Melting For
     Even though he was a goof, Olaf is one of the most inspirational characters in Frozen. He had some pretty great lines. This particular part of the movie, which was already pretty heart-wrenching and just a roller coaster of emotions, has really stuck in my head. It made me realize that not only do I need to surround myself with inspiring and optimistic people, but I should put them before myself. I need to start worrying about myself less and worrying about others. It was so sweet that Olaf would melt for Anna and it makes her really love and appreciate him, and I would love to be the Olaf in other people's lives. Doing things for other people always makes you feel better about yourself, and gives you a closer relationship with that person when it is not always about you.

4. I Like Warm Hugs
    This could sort of tie in with the previous reason, but I decided that I wanted to talk about this on its own. Once again, Olaf is my main man when it comes to the kind of person I want to be. I already talked about thinking about other first, and that is part of what this line implies. It also reminds me to be an optimistic and friendly person to everyone. I want to be someone people love hanging out with because I make them feel better about themselves. I want to be happy for someone who is sad, give compliments, good advice, and warm hugs! :) Though it's not necessarily possible, I want to be everyone's friend. I want to be someone people turn to for help or just for a hug and support. This part of the movie, though very small, really helped me stop being so negative about people, teachers, etc., and start being optimistic!

5. Sisterly Love is the Answer
    Being the oldest of four, this of course really stood out to me throughout the whole movie, as well as allowed me to really connect with Elsa's character. I love my siblings and would do anything for them, even if sometimes I'm not always the nicest person to be around. Sometimes I am really mean to my siblings and don't make time for them in my life. My two littlest sisters have been asking me to play with them a lot, but usually I end up going to hang out with friends. This movie made me realize I need to start being a better sister. I am not going to be living with them much longer, and with both of them growing up so fast, I'm quickly running out of chances to play My Little Pony with them. The love between me and my siblings is strong, and I realized that I can't let anything get in between us.


Frozen is my absolute favorite disney movie. It's just so real, and I like how they really emphasize how the love between sisters/family can be more important than the love between a man and a woman. Other than the inspirational values in this film, it has gorgeous animation and beautiful songs. I highly recommend this movie if you haven't seen it. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to make some popcorn and watch this thing before it gets too late.

 
Drew Elsa while I was watching the movie :) Guess you could say Frozen has inspired me in more than a couple of ways.

Lots of love,
Madison

Comments

Popular Posts