Animal Farm

When I first decided to read this book, I thought it was going to be a really dumb and childish book filled with talking animals and magical fairies. Boy, did I judge this book way too soon. I cannot stress enough how clever this book is! It's so creative, and it is definitely an adult fairy tale.
One thing I love about this book is how I feel like I am a little kid again. It's honestly such a joy to be reading a book about talking animals because it brings back so many memories. However, this is far from a children's book. The themes in this story are pretty mature and very sad. It's just such a realistic book. 
So basically, Animal Farm is about farm animals who decide they are being mistreated by the humans. They rebel against them and take over the farm (I promise this is not a spoiler! This all literally happens in the first 10 pages) As the book goes on, the story gets darker and sadder, but I can't say why. As you read this book though, you will realize that it is all one giant metaphor for a real event that occurred. I am not going to say anything about what I think it is actually about. You'll have to read and decide for yourself.
I never thought this would happen, but I am actually obsessed with this book. It's just so extremely clever. George Orwell was just such a literary genius. This story never ever ever slows down. It keeps up this really exciting pace that makes the reader always want to read more. The characters are so well thought out and you even get attached to the animals! This book is just so creative and I think this is definitely a book that everyone should read before they die.

(Sorry for the bad quality picture...the book is a used book from my teacher and I took the pic at school)
Lots of love,
Madison

Comments

Popular Posts