review: hush, hush saga


I guess you could kind of say I'm on a fantasy/romance kick, or more specifically a Becca Fitzpatrick kick. Must be because I'm feeling just a tad lonely since summer started, since I'm not seeing friends every day due to school and I've said way too many goodbyes in the past month. Books, I've decided, are a good way to go. Especially the romantic, spell-binding ones that take you to a place far away from yourself, even if the destination is still close to home.

The Hush, Hush Saga was a series I honestly rushed to the library for. Quite embarrassing, really, but that's how much I adored diving into this story. Patch and Nora were two amazing main characters with depth and plot that some teen fantasy novels lack. And it doesn't hurt that Patch is absolutely to die for. Even despite the sometimes unbearable angst he carries. But, then again, most of my favorite characters are unbearably angsty.

Though I feel that the last two books in the series may have felt like the author was trying to prolong the inevitable, getting caught up in Nora's world of fallen angels and Nephilim was one of the best things I did this summer. I'd say this is a great read if you're trying to get over the heartbreak of the end of Harry Potter or The Mortal Instruments. Although, this series may just add onto your heartbreak. ;)

lots of love,

madison

Comments

Popular Posts