The Outsiders

THIS BOOK IS THE MOST PERFECT THING I HAVE EVER READ.

It is honestly my new favorite because of the realism of the whole thing. The Outsiders is an extremely honest story about growing up in circumstances that you're not entirely sure you want to be in. It's about growing up with a label already placed over your head, and trying to find yourself when all others only see you as a label. It doesn't romanticize or sugar-coat anything about life. It's a fairly sad book, but the ending is absolutely fantastic.

I also relate to Ponyboy incredibly well, and I'm sure just about every person can. He's not someone with a special power, or incredible courage, or a powerful position. He's a fourteen year old boy who is pretty much at the bottom of the food chain both financially and socially, and I think this is one of the most important perspectives I have ever read. I've walked away from this book  having learned something valuable, and I look at the world just a little bit differently now. That's all I could really ask for from a book.

Comments

Popular Posts